• A space captain discovers the cyborg she loves just might be her greatest enemy.
• A mind-wiped prostitute risks all when she recruits a dangerous stranger to help her escape a terrible fate.
• A prisoner-of-war confronts the comrade who loved her, then left her for dead.
• A space-obsessed physics teacher is kidnapped by a far-too-charming alien.
• An apocalypse survivor battles the biomech-enhanced hunter who seeks to capture her.
• A young artist must choose between her comfortable life on Earth or a war-torn space colony with her beloved.
• A daring thief is on the run from the alien law man who is determined to bring her to justice.
• A widowed rebel leader tries to save the last remnants of humanity, one stranger at a time.
From Earth to the furthest reaches of the galaxy, explore the worlds of Science Fiction Romance with stories from Linnea Sinclair, Marcella Burnard, Erica Hayes, Liana Brooks, Pippa Jay, Berinn Rae, Amy Laurens, and Kyndra Hatch.
Download ‘Tales from the SFR Brigade’ for free today.
Last fall, I took part in a discussion about how to raise the visibility of The Science Fiction Romance Brigade. The answer seemed obvious to me – a short story anthology, offered for free, featuring the best that the group had to offer. I tossed out the suggestion to the group. The members thought it was a fine idea. I was busily working on HERO’S END and I knew that whoever they found to head up this antho would have their work cut out for them. Little did I realize that I was going to be tapped to be the Editor-In-Chief of said project.
Fortunately, Author Paula Diane Dooley came on board to work with authors as the Development Editor, and author Laurie A. Green served as our Editor-At-Large, securing our cover art and keeping the members and authors informed of everything every step of the way.
We worked out our guidelines, and put out the submission call to our members. We had so many wonderful stories to choose from that it was hard settling on these few that finally made up the anthology.
We couldn’t have done this without our wonderful volunteer copy editors, Laurel C. Kriegler (Chief Copy Editor,) Patty Hammond, Cary Caffrey, and Danielle Cassels (my cousin – yeah, I’m guilty of nepotism.)
In the end, this labor of love turned out to be an absolute blast!
Now, it’s available in limited release on Smashwords. You can pick it up for FREE!!